Open Position – Senior Financial Analyst
Senior Financial Analyst
Senior Financial Analyst
Northstar Commercial Partners, founded in 2000, is a privately-held commercial real estate investment company headquartered in Denver, Colorado. Northstar acquires and operates a portfolio of 48 office, industrial, and retail assets in 17 states throughout the nation, and is currently seeking an experienced Senior Financial Analyst principally responsible for the modeling of potential and existing investments made by Northstar Commercial Partners. Additionally, this role will be required to conduct research and evaluate economic and real estate data as well as prepare well-organized written memos and presentations for senior management and investors.
Qualifications & Expectations
A successful candidate will have meaningful experience and capable of the following:
- Preparing detailed financial modeling for new and existing commercial assets, including variance analysis, quarterly valuations, debt analysis, cash flow projections/forecasts, joint venture equity waterfalls and return analysis.
- Preparing annual budgeting modeling.
- Assisting in capital raising initiatives, which will include preparation of financial models and projections as well as the preparation of detailed investment memorandums and presentation materials and investor operational reporting.
- Performing property level and market level research across various geographic regions.
- Preparing strategy memos for investment committee review.
- Evaluating, analyzing and abstracting leases for decision making purposes.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 2 to 5 years of relevant commercial property underwriting or banking experience required.
- Undergraduate degree in Account/Finance/Business/Real Estate – MBA candidate acceptable.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and ARGUS software required.
- Strong skills in other MS Office Suite programs and database systems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities/managers and have strong time management skills.
- Must have a strategic mindset, be detailed-oriented and be a team player.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Compensation is based on experience and work-related history.
Interested applicants who possess desired skills and experience may submit the following items for consideration of this position (note that any applicants who do not address all items listed below will not be considered):
- Cover Letter with Desired Salary
- Email to Kimlynn Huynh at: email@example.com (no calls please) with subject line: Senior Financial Analyst
More information regarding Northstar can be viewed at: www.northstarcp.com.
Please do not call the company regarding this job. We will gather resumes and make phone calls and/or emails for a 1st interview to qualified candidates. Due to an anticipated high volume of resumes received, calls will not be made to applicants that we are not interested in interviewing – we thank you for understanding.